Menu

What to wear to an outside wedding

I have a dress that can either be very casual if worn with casual sandals and jewelry, or can be a bit more formal if worn with nicer shoes & jewelry. I'd wear the dress, bring both pairs of shoes, and then slide my feet into whatever seemed right when I saw other guests going in. :blush:

That probably doesn't help much though, huh...

I would wear a casual sundress/maxidress with cute flat sandals and a short sleeved sweater/bolero type cover up. I think that will be appropriate for an outdoor wedding. If you don't have something, I suggest Ross dress for less...I was in there recently and you really can dress for less there.:tongue_smilie:

One other word, two summers ago I attended an outdoor wedding in which the guests were terribly bothered by a set of yellow jackets that decided to descend on the crowd at about the time of the vows.

The women wearing perfume or a lot of hairspray were the most bothered...So, unfortunately, that meant the bridal party was under attack! Therefore, I would suggest that you also choose something casual but pretty for your hair and use lots of bobby pins to hold it in place and NOT hairspray!

If your allergic, please don't forget your epi-pen. We nearly lost a woman at the wedding reception who was deathly allergic and brought her dressy purse instead of everyday purse, low and behold...no epi-pen.

I also second the shoes that will not sink into the ground but have enough of a sole that you don't end up with wet feet if there is dew on the grass.

If you wear a sleeveless dress, you might want to consider taking a shawl or shrug if it will be breezy. My shoulders "marble" at the first hint of wind on all but the hottest days. Its not a pretty look!

Faith