Menu

Like Stars on Earth

Thank you to all that recommended this movie! I watched it while reading the subtitles to my dyslexic daughter. It is her new favorite movie, although the part where Ishaan was sent to boarding school still makes her cry. I ordered the movie from Amazon and I'm planning to take it on vacation in June in hopes of having some of my extended family watch it. Two of my sisters also have dyslexic kids.

Here is the description from Amazon:

Ishaa Ishaan is an 8 year old whose world is filled with wonders that no one else seems to appreciate; colors, fish, dogs, and kites are just not important in the world of adults, who are much more interested in things like homework, grades and neatness. Ishaa just cannot seem to get anything right in class. When he gets into far more trouble than his parents can handle, he is packed off to a boarding school to be disciplined. Things are no different at hsi new school, and Ishaa has to contend with the added trauma of separation from his family. A new art teacher infects the students with joy and optimism and breaks all the rules of how things are done by asking them to think, dream and imagine. All the children respond with enthusiasm except Ishaa. The teacher soon realizes that Ishaa is unhappy and sets out to discover why. With time, patience and care, he ultimately helps Ishaa find himself. Bonus features include: Director's Commentary, panel discussinon on children, deleted scenes, making of, Music CD with two collectible postcards.

Here's the link. They have a good trailer that you can watch. http://www.amazon.com/Like-Stars-Earth-Two-Disc/dp/B001N6FPRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1274123777&sr=8-1

I am sitting here crying just from watching the trailer. It is such a good movie.