Menu

Maryland Home School Umbrellas - Eastern Shore

Can anyone who homeschools on the Maryland Eastern Shore help me with finding an umbrella?

I asked for information a few months ago and was directed to a couple of Yahoo groups, but I'm not too sure that my member requests will be approved as I don't want to disclose personal information to 500+ strangers.

I have only been able to locate 2 church umbrellas in the area we are moving to. I called Church A this morning. Someone will have to call me back to verify information and the secretary indicated that attendance at this church was required. I haven't called Church B as of this post.

Does an umbrella have to be a church?

I am a member of one of the yahoo groups. I will ask about umbrellas and get back with you. I know you go through the county as well. In my area it is very easy. You are welcome to PM me:)

Jenny

Thanks 3and3! :) I am beginning to think it would be easier to go through the county although I'd really prefer not to do so.

Hi, I want to let you know that I used Churchville Christian School, in Churchville, MD, for at least 6 years. Before that I used their affiliate in Rising Sun, MD.

Very reasonable price, administrators were very friendly and easy to work with, the only statement of belief to sign was a belief in God...

http://www.churchvillechristianschool.org

410-734-9174

Most of the other umbrellas I found were very demanding. For example, you had to use a certain curriculum or purchase their curriculum; you had to attend a certain church and go to church during the week (for worship) as well as Sundays; you had to have regular interviews and testing with the board or administrators (who probably weren't even educated for teaching children, etc.); that's to name just a few of the examples...

Churchville does have requirements, but they are extremely reasonable.

Edited by gingerh
clarification