Menu

So, explain trolling and other odd message board activities to me.

Is it just to rile people up? I get this when it's people who come on and post inflammatory things.

Information gathering? Will it be obvious? Or can people get info from you without you realizing it?

Weird stuff always gives me a creepy vibe. DH says it's just weird... not creepy. I just don't get it. Is it weird? Immature? Creepy? Or worse than that?

The woman on the old boards who came here with woe stories and elicited much sympathy, was pathological.

There are also many creeps out there trying to find young people to trust them enough to meet up with them in real life. Who's to say they won't try here at some stage. I wuldnt trust that everyone who says they are a woman, who is a troll, is actually a woman.

It doesn't creep me out. I expect it, in fact. I know it happens. Even some of the people who come here regularly might have dark secrets and might creep you out if you knew them IRL. I dont know. Mostly, we are just what we seem, but not always.

It's good not to be naive.