Menu

Looking into TOG and have questions...

Hello! I'm new to this forum. :)

I'm looking into several programs for high school, one of which is TOG (I hope this is the correct forum board to post these questions).

My questions are as follows:

1.Does it matter which year of Tapestry one begins with: 1, 2, 3, or 4?

2. Where does one view the book lists for each year and level, prior to ordering?

TIA!

~cocoa

Have you viewed the training videos on the TOG site? Start here:

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/explore/

If you move down the page you can see a video on the Three Big Ideas. It will explain why you can start with any year plan and just move forward.

You can find TOG books on their sister site:

http://www.bookshelfcentral.com/

Select the Year Plan you want, the units, the learning level, and the subjects you want to cover. It will show you a list of the books. For example, if you want to use Year 1 with D level students (6-9th grade), click on Year 1, All Units, Dialectic Level, All Subjects. You should get a list similar to the one shown here:

http://bookshelfcentral.com/index.php?main_page=search_results&year=Y1&unit=all&level=Dialectic&subject=all

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

Thanks. I realize now that the search feature was not working properly yesterday on the bookshelf site.

I do have another question...

How does one figure out if the books are recommended resources or alternate suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure the lists at Bookshelf Central are just recommended books, and not alternates. But to be sure, you can also pull up a booklist at the TOG website. (this is the method I prefer, because it's more easily printable) Go to www.tapestryofgrace.com, and click on "Store". Create a (free) account, and then you can click on "Resource List" where you can create booklists for each year plan, tailoring it to levels, subjects, and units.

I'm pretty sure the lists at Bookshelf Central are just recommended books, and not alternates. But to be sure, you can also pull up a booklist at the TOG website. (this is the method I prefer, because it's more easily printable) Go to www.tapestryofgrace.com, and click on "Store". Create a (free) account, and then you can click on "Resource List" where you can create booklists for each year plan, tailoring it to levels, subjects, and units.

Thank you so much. I finally got it to work for me! :001_smile:

I had no idea you could do this! I've been trying hard to figure out how to do this at Bookshelf central. Thanks!