Menu

Great Wolf Lodge ?

My suggestion would be to take food and drinks with you. I would take plenty of snacks to have in the room. There is a small fridge (if you have the same type room we did) that will hold minimal food, but you can bring a cooler as well. Whenever we go back, we plan to eat one meal there in the hotel, then go out to eat at other places for other meals in the evenings. We will have breakfast and lunch foods in our room. It's a great place and the food is good, but food and drinks are pricey.

If you decide you want to do the quest (it is very fun!!!) start it quickly after you get there so you'll have time to finish. We stayed 2 nights and didn't start until night 2, and we regretted not starting sooner. Pay attention to all of the signs in the stairwell. If you try to take the elevator for the quest, you'll be confused because a lot of the clues are written in places in the stairwell.

I was going to suggest doing a Thursday night/Friday night stay because it is sooo much less crowded on a Thursday/night, but I see you're doing the weekend thing so that is out.

It is a blast, but they definitely have other ways to get your money besides just your room for the night. ;)

We took snacks with us but found the food options to be a good value. The Williamsburg GWL had 2 different room delivery dinners for 4-6 people for $23.00 either pizza or fried chicken plus sides and drink. The snack bar in the water park had kids meals (big enough for adult) for $4-$5. There is a refillable cup you can buy for the icee type machine which was a good deal. I had read about the food being bad and everything really expensive etc. We honestly thought it was just fine.

Just a side note: If you have any asthmatics or sensitives, don't forget the inhaler. My daughter who had never ever had an asthma attack could no longer breathe after 2 hrs in the park. We thought it was an isolated weirdity but it reoccured. Apparently she is ultra sensitive to the gases used for water sanitation. Other then that it would have been an awesome trip.:tongue_smilie:

Take robes for going back and forth to the rooms.

We found the prices for food to be better than most hotels. Normally we don't like places like that, but we loved GWL. The waterpark is fun, the whole place is so child friendly, but it does not forget that parents (adults) are there too. I would probably bring snacks and water bottles along next time. But for meals, we either ate there or out (dinner only). Have fun!