Menu

So, I'm registered to go to the FPEA convention...

But now dh is saying he can't use any vacation time to go with me. :angry:

And since he hemmed and hawed over it, I can't register dc for childcare (on site) at this point, either. I'm really annoyed. I'm a little discouraged. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to go. I already have my curricula planned for next year, so I don't really need to shop (of course it's always fun to look). And I'm not so excited about the speakers, although some of them would probably helpful for me. But do I want to lug my little rugrat around the convention for 2 days, spend the night in a hotel by myself, and feel guilty about asking friends to care for my older dc? I'm not so sure.

Would you go? I've never been to a convention before and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I've gone to the FPEA convention for the last two years and it is so much fun!!! I'm registered for this year and looking forward to it. Last year my DH could not get off work to go with me so my mom went. She helped watch the kiddos. Do your parents live close to you? If not, I think it would be well worth it to leave your older dc with a friend/sitter and trekk off by yourself. Even if you don't need to go, it's fun just to look around, get ideas, relax by the pool, walk around the resort (the Rosen Shingle is really nice), have a nice dinner alone (or with your little one).

I love to go to the conventions, but I wouldn't want to go with my kids. There's just too much I want to look at and there's no way my children would be able to just stand at my side while I did this for hours. It would be extremely frustrating for us all.

Lisa

I've gone to the FPEA convention for the last two years and it is so much fun!!! I'm registered for this year and looking forward to it. Last year my DH could not get off work to go with me so my mom went. She helped watch the kiddos. Do your parents live close to you? If not, I think it would be well worth it to leave your older dc with a friend/sitter and trekk off by yourself. Even if you don't need to go, it's fun just to look around, get ideas, relax by the pool, walk around the resort (the Rosen Shingle is really nice), have a nice dinner alone (or with your little one).

Thanks, this makes me feel better about going. No my parents don't live near. I do have a couple of friends who have offered to take kids, though. And last night I expressed my frustration to dh. He'll take half a day off so that we don't have to find sitters for the entire weekend.