Menu

Arlington TX Bookfair help

Help!

I am new to Texas by 3 days and want to go to the bookfair Saturday. But with my only internet access being my kindle am having trouble getting info. Can someone give me advice, pointers, the address, hours?

This is my first homeschool fair/event - anything I should know?

Thank you!

very near Six Flags. They don't allow strollers, so keep that in mind if you have little ones. However, it really is better not to bring the littles if you can avoid it. You'll have a much better time. They have a schedule of people to speak and a lunch break--they have a cafeteria and a concessions stand. You don't have to do the talks, though. The vendor area is open the whole time. They have pretty much all the major names in curricula, and a few booths that sell used stuff.

Oh, and you DO have to pay parking, with cash. It's like $5. And there is an ATM inside the bldg.

HTH,

Kim

http://www.homeschoolbookfair.org/

May 7-8, 8:30-5:00.

8:00 am

Registration opens

8:30 am

Exhibit Hall opens

9:30 am - 11:45 am

Morning Workshops

11:45 am - 1:15 pm

Lunch Break

1:15 pm - 4:45 pm

Afternoon Workshops

5:30 pm

Exhibit Hall closes

Although this always is a big gamble, some vendors (not many) are anxious to unload stock by mid-Saturday afternoon, so will offer discounts on some items.

thanks for the schedule! Is it very crowded or is there a big rush of people usually? Does it behoove me to get there ealy or can I stroll in around 10am without missing much except speakers which I am not sure I want to see anyway?

thanks for the schedule! Is it very crowded or is there a big rush of people usually? Does it behoove me to get there ealy or can I stroll in around 10am without missing much except speakers which I am not sure I want to see anyway?

Wear very comfortable walking shoes, and carry a large tote bag for your purchases (which I assume you are going there to make !). Parking lot fills quickly, and by 10:00 A.M., you will be parking far away from the building.

I never have listened to a speaker, and this is from 1996 to the present of attending the fair. The vendor exhibits are the only draw for me.

Just in case you do not settle on everything that you want, or in case over the summer as you plan, you decide that you want to view additional materials, you have a second chance at the much smaller, but still useful, NTHEN summer conference vendor exhibit in Plano, August 13-14 (with used book sale on the 11th).

Wear very comfortable walking shoes, and carry a large tote bag for your purchases (which I assume you are going there to make !). Parking lot fills quickly, and by 10:00 A.M., you will be parking far away from the building.

I never have listened to a speaker, and this is from 1996 to the present of attending the fair. The vendor exhibits are the only draw for me.

Just in case you do not settle on everything that you want, or in case over the summer as you plan, you decide that you want to view additional materials, you have a second chance at the much smaller, but still useful, NTHEN summer conference vendor exhibit in Plano, August 13-14 (with used book sale on the 11th).

It's at the Arlington Convention Center right next to Arlington Stadium and the Hyatt (or is it a Hilton now?).

Yes, it is very crowded. Go early is my recommendation. The vendors sell out of the popular stuff early. Take a backpack in which to carry your purchases. You can also leave large purchases at a check-in (I think the coat-check area).

Take a sweater if you are prone to getting chilled like me. :D

Get a map of the vendor hall and plan your shopping that way. Take the five minutes to make your plan. Then, you won't miss what you want to see.

I buy lunch there so I don't have to mess with going to the car or toting it in a backpack. But, that's just me.

Lesley

I buy lunch there so I don't have to mess with going to the car or toting it in a backpack. But, that's just me.

Lesley

Personal food may not be brought into the convention center. (There will be signs to that effect.)

I stoke on a large breakfast, and buy only a drink while there.