Menu

Anyone use Positive Action Bible study? Is the TE necessary?

I've been checking this out. It looks like a fun workbook program that encourages kids to dig into their Bible. I'm wondering if anyone has used this? I'm hoping we can get away with just the workbooks because buying 3 teacher editions (for 1st, 3rd and 5th) would be very expensive!!

Thanks for any input.

Wendy

I used the 4th grade book with dd--lol--just missing the grades you will be using!

I don't always use the TE--for 4th, it contained vocab words, quizzes, backround, etc. It's...OK. I would think you might want to get the one for 5th grade. It would give you the answers, and you could even have your dc be a little independent and check his own work.

We use Positive Action and even though I have the TE, I never use it. I don't grade my son's bible work. I look it over and make sure he is actually putting an effort into answering the questions correctly, but I don't grade it.

I just have a hard time making bible-study a graded subject...it somehow demeans it or something. Anyhow, not sure what my hang-up is, but I don't grade it. Scripture memorization I do grade, bible study work I don't. So, if you want to be weird like me and throw all caution to the wind then, no, you don't need the TE's! :D