Menu

Hardwood floor help

Does anyone know about the quality of different woods out there? I am looking at Aacer, which I can get delivered to my house, or Menard's brand Great Lakes Hardwoods.

Someone on this forum recommended Aacer as a good affordable wood, so I'm leaning toward that. But I'd like to know if anyone has information on the Menard's brand to compare....

Thanks! This will be the biggest thing we've EVER done, getting these floors in. It's just because we're hoping to help my sinuses/asthma and ds as well. Any feedback would be really helpful!

We own a flooring business and my dh has years of experience in the industry. He says that Aacer is a good company...big box companies like Menards tend to cut corners on different aspects of the milling and the wear layer tends to be thinner- so of the two he would pick Aacer (and he has sold Aacer-he says they offer a good product). He said more mumbo jumbo, but that is the general idea:tongue_smilie:

Hth!

I don't know either brand or company but I want to tell you that you should have the company that installs the floor also provide the flooring. If you buy the wood and then hire an installer, you might be in a pickle if anything goes wrong.

I am talking from experience. If it were me, I would buy from the best flooing co. in town and have them install it.

I don't know either brand or company but I want to tell you that you should have the company that installs the floor also provide the flooring. If you buy the wood and then hire an installer, you might be in a pickle if anything goes wrong.

I am talking from experience. If it were me, I would buy from the best flooing co. in town and have them install it.

:iagree:

I'd LOVE to go to the best flooring store and have them install it. Unfortunately finances don't permit that. We originally looked at laminate flooring, but after pricing that (getting it done, since we're very DIY-challenged), we thought it would be better to spend a little more and get real wood.

We're already in a pickle trying to figure it all out! We've already stretched our budget as far as we can, and just can't add more on.

Any tips for how to choose an installer?