Menu

SL Core 6

mom22722

I haven't used it. But, I have all of the books. Every single one of them. I look at it longingly and would love to use it. I have read almost every one of the books for myself. And, I've read alot of them to the kids. They are great. I can't use SL because I don't like their LA and I don't want to have to coordinate a LA program that would go along with it or make up my own assignments. If I knew how to do that, we'd probably be using SL now. I need a curriculum that says, "read pg. 10 - write a one paragraph narration or read pg. 100 - copy the first paragraph in your notebook." I need it to be that specific. I wish I knew how to do that with SL but I don't.

Core 6 looks like the best of all the cores to me. I think 6th and 8th graders would love it.

I haven't used it. But, I have all of the books. Every single one of them. I look at it longingly and would love to use it. I have read almost every one of the books for myself. And, I've read alot of them to the kids. They are great. I can't use SL because I don't like their LA and I don't want to have to coordinate a LA program that would go along with it or make up my own assignments. If I knew how to do that, we'd probably be using SL now. I need a curriculum that says, "read pg. 10 - write a one paragraph narration or read pg. 100 - copy the first paragraph in your notebook." I need it to be that specific. I wish I knew how to do that with SL but I don't.

Core 6 looks like the best of all the cores to me. I think 6th and 8th graders would love it.

I haven't done SL LA most of the years we've done SL. You don't have to do their LA to do the core. I just go with a LA that works for us--there are other curriculum out there that will tell you what to do each day.

We're doing 6 next year (well, part of it! I really like MOH, so we're subbing out the spine & stretching things out a bit...) Can't wait! (And I haven't decided what LA to do yet, LOL!)

Merry :-)

I'm going to use Core 6 with a 6th grader and an 8th grader next year. I already have it and have been looking through it. I'm a little concerned that the reading level is just too low for my 8th grader, but we will supplement with LL8. Otherwise, I'm very excited about what I see. No BTDT experience though.