Menu

Is anyone just using MCT grammar?!

lovemykids

Sigh, I am going around and around about what to use for grammar with my children next year. I should just use materials that I own. :glare: But, I'm bored.

If I use MCT grammar, I could combine my second and fourth grader..and it would be fun. WDYT? :001_huh: (My fourth grader will have grammar in OM 5, so it would be supplemental) Thanks!

FWIW, if you do want "only" the grammar, I recommend using the writing book as well. The writing book (at least in Town level) does have a lot of really meaty development in the grammar stuff. So, you'd want the Grammar book, the Practice book, and the Writing book, IMHO.

FWIW, if you do want "only" the grammar, I recommend using the writing book as well. The writing book (at least in Town level) does have a lot of really meaty development in the grammar stuff. So, you'd want the Grammar book, the Practice book, and the Writing book, IMHO.

Um, er, this is what I was afraid of. I have struggled looking at MCT writing and something is just not clicking with me. Although, there was a point when I thought it looked great and I wanted use the writing exclusively. :rolleyes: I have changed my mind. Next year, we are using copywork and IEW for my second grader (he’s begging to do it), and Wordsmith Apprentice with my fourth grader along with plenty of writing in OM. I just don’t need another writing program. I went from not using writing “programs†in my homeschool, to using way too many this year; I need to simplify.

For sixth grade, we are using LL 7, OM 6 or 7, and something simple like Powerful Paragraphs or WTM writing. In seventh, we will go back to IEW for a year before moving on to LTOW. (dd likes IEW!) Sorry for the longwinded explanation.

Thanks so much for your reply. :)

I use only the grammar and practice books. I've used them for several years and think they are excellent. We only spend 10-15 minutes, maybe three times per week on grammar. However, I've found other things I prefer for the other subjects. :)

Oh wow, that is music to my ears and exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for your reply!! :)

:grouphug: