Menu

Has anyone seen the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie?

The movie was fun, but rather sad. It didn't make middle school look very pleasant. My son said it followed the book relatively well. There are a few new characters to help the plot development. I liked the way the film incorporated animated illustrations. the production values aren't as high as say a Disney film, but that was fine here. Kids will probably like it.

We saw it last weekend...and mind you, we have not read the book.

That said...my husband and I laughed so hard it hurt! My kids were cracking up and my 9.5 yo laughed so hard he couldnt laugh quietly. :001_huh:

My husband said he wants to buy it on dvd to watch it again, and that now our kids will probably never want to go to school. We found it portrayed our experience in middle school rather well...and it captured the awkwardness well too.

We liked it, and my older two have read all of the books several times. I've read the first one, and the movie really captured the "flavor" of the books. Also, the star of the movie reminds me of Fred Savage.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the preview of the Beezus and Ramona movie. It looks like they added a whole romance storyline with Beezus (have they even read the books?!), and the cast is bunch of Disney Channel regulars. Bleh.