Menu

BC CHEC who's going?

I have yet to get myself a WTM board pin and am not even sure if they're available still (anyone know?). But, I have managed to find a few board members (once by sticking my foot way into my mouth) at the convention over the last couple of years.

I'd love to put some more faces to names this year. Will anyone else be going?

http://www.bcconvention.ca

Sarah

Thanks : ) I always love convention time. I have purchased quite a few workshop sessions from far-away conventions to listen to at home - technology is wonderful for bringing the world to our doorsteps.

I enjoyed reading your homeschooling plans on your blog. I'll be asking for help with our own study of Canada soon and I hope you're able to respond.

Sarah

• 1 year later...

I have always been able to attend but this year, with the economic downturn, my dh was unable to take time off (and yet in the same breath may have hours cut). (And my mom had to move away from Kelowna last year which makes this far less convenient and affordable lol!).

Enjoy. I will be lamenting my situation all weekend long (okay I'll try not to wallow in my sadness :)). My only consolation? Homeschool catalogs.

I have always been able to attend but this year, with the economic downturn, my dh was unable to take time off (and yet in the same breath may have hours cut). (And my mom had to move away from Kelowna last year which makes this far less convenient and affordable lol!).

Enjoy. I will be lamenting my situation all weekend long (okay I'll try not to wallow in my sadness :)). My only consolation? Homeschool catalogs.

If the other things work out for next year, you can always pm me for a place to stay. We have a guest room, and I know you won't mind having my Bernese Mountain Dog lean on your leg.:001_smile:

You too, Kathy. Pm me if you ever need a place to stay for the convention. I had offered to take billets this year, but nobody has contacted me, so it looks like I won't need to clean my house.:thumbup1:

Having to pay a couple hundred dollars for a hotel room takes too much away from the curriculum budget!

Lori (who's going to add you to her "friends" so that it's easy to pm when needed).

If the other things work out for next year, you can always pm me for a place to stay. We have a guest room, and I know you won't mind having my Bernese Mountain Dog lean on your leg.:001_smile:

You too, Kathy. Pm me if you ever need a place to stay for the convention. I had offered to take billets this year, but nobody has contacted me, so it looks like I won't need to clean my house.:thumbup1:

Having to pay a couple hundred dollars for a hotel room takes too much away from the curriculum budget!

Lori (who's going to add you to her "friends" so that it's easy to pm when needed).

You know Lori, I might take you up on this offer next year. I mean I'm sure we'd get along . . . I mean Berner's are a special breed (sitting on feet and does your dog need to hug you every time you walk in the door?).

Thanks for the offer.

Me! I'm going. But you already know that, don't you?:001_smile:

Now that I have all of my ducks in a row, I'm starting to get excited! Two more sleeps...

Lori

You have all your ducks in a row?? I'm jealous. I haven't even made my shopping list yet and now we only have one more sleep.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Maggie Hogan and I'm hoping to catch at least one of the Summit ministries workshops as well. I wanted to go to Marie Filion's workshop on creating an immersion environment but I'm speaking during that block :( I'll have to buy the CD.

I always get visions of the Staples commercial running through my head at convention time, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!".

I wish I were! :crying: This will be the first year I haven't attended. The thought of ordering books without drooling over them first is too sad! Ah well, maybe next year. I hope you all enjoy yourselves immensely.

Oh, that's too bad :( Hopefully you will be able to make it out next year. We're waiting to hear back from Sally and Clay Clarkson (Educating the Whole-Hearted Child, Ministry of Motherhood, Heartfelt Discipline) about their availability for 2010.

Oh, that's too bad :( Hopefully you will be able to make it out next year. We're waiting to hear back from Sally and Clay Clarkson (Educating the Whole-Hearted Child, Ministry of Motherhood, Heartfelt Discipline) about their availability for 2010.

Wow! I hope that works out.

Thanks for the offer! My dh has family in Westbank, so we usually stay there. Besides, I wouldn't want to make you clean your house - more time for curriculum shopping. :lol: