Menu

more Spanish questions

We never could afford to buy Rosetta Stone Spainsh this year. My 16 yog has been doing "Spanish 1" with a Spanish in 10 minutes a day workbook, in additon to listening through Pimseluer 1A and 1B. She has also worked on Spainish using some various CDs (Barron's, I think) that teaches some conversational Spainish. I have not kept a close tab on the number of hours she's done, but she has worked pretty consistently about 30 to 45 minutes per day. I'll give her a credit for "Spanish 1".

Now my questions:

1. I think we can afford to buy SOS Spanish so she'll have a real program to work through for "Spanish 2".... Which level should I buy?

2. I haven't given her tests or quizzes. I don't know how to "grade" Spanish 1 and I must have a number (%) final grade. I don't know Spanish myself to "grade" her. Any suggestions for a method to find a final grade?

3. Do you think that Pinseleur level 2 would be enough for Spanish 2?

Thanks!

Pam

1. I think we can afford to buy SOS Spanish so she'll have a real program to work through for "Spanish 2".... Which level should I buy?

2. I haven't given her tests or quizzes. I don't know how to "grade" Spanish 1 and I must have a number (%) final grade. I don't know Spanish myself to "grade" her. Any suggestions for a method to find a final grade?

3. Do you think that Pinseleur level 2 would be enough for Spanish 2?

Thanks!

Pam

SOS Secondary Spanish is first-year Spanish, so you would want SOS Spanish I, which is the 2nd year on a transcript.

It is helpful in any language program to have someone around who can help with the language, but my kids do the program on their own almost completely. The computer grades most of it, but some questions are left for the teacher to grade. I'd suggest you sit down with your child for those questions, click on the correct answer and let your child look and see if he thinks he is close or completely wrong and give him credit according to that.

Jean