Menu

How ___ Works. Anyowe follow SWB recommendations for logic science?

ReneTL

I'm planning for next year and I just checked out a bunch of these books from the library; they seem interesting and straight forward. Could this science program really be as easy and effective as it sounds in WTM? I'm looking at the old edition of WTM and I know these books are available used on Amazon for a song. Then we're just buying lab materials. We are just finishing REAL Science 4 Kids - Chemistry Level 1, which everyone likes, but it's only 10 weeks, (and expensive!) so I want to move on to something a little broader. We'll be using How Nature Works and How the Body Works for next year if we go this route.

Any Thoughts?

We've been using these books for a long time and have been very happy with them. They're interesting, have a wide variety of projects and experiments from the very simple to those needing a lot of time and stuff, and are relatively inexpensive for science.

they seem interesting and straight forward. Could this science program really be as easy and effective as it sounds in WTM? I'm looking at the old edition of WTM and I know these books are available used on Amazon for a song. Then we're just buying lab materials.

Yes, once you get into the routine of using them (reading, picking an experiment, we timeline from them, picking extra reading/writing topics), they're very easy and effective to use. I managed to find all of them used.