Menu

2nd grade grammer suggestions-

SS in MD

Need some advice about picking a 2nd grade gammer/LA for my 7 yo. We are finishing up MFW 1st grade, she has picked up the reading pretty well. But, has trouble remembering the phonics rules. My dd has learning delays. It's hard for her to learn and remember concepts. My older dc are using R&S English, I think it is too rigorous for her. I also don't think FLL will work because dd needs high use of visuals to help her remember/cement concepts (dd is NOT auditory, though she is able to learn bible verses on CD when they're put to music). Just wondering if anyone could suggest a good, solid curriculum that is gentle and reviews concepts (frequently!)

Thanks so much for the responses.

Need some advice about picking a 2nd grade gammer/LA for my 7 yo. We are finishing up MFW 1st grade, she has picked up the reading pretty well. But, has trouble remembering the phonics rules. My dd has learning delays. It's hard for her to learn and remember concepts. My older dc are using R&S English, I think it is too rigorous for her. I also don't think FLL will work because dd needs high use of visuals to help her remember/cement concepts (dd is NOT auditory, though she is able to learn bible verses on CD when they're put to music). Just wondering if anyone could suggest a good, solid curriculum that is gentle and reviews concepts (frequently!)

Thanks so much for the responses.

Writing Road to Reading. It will cover all the reading and spelling she needs to know, and it can also do grammar, if you think she needs to know parts of speech at her age. It will also do basic capitalization and punctuation and penmanship.

It might be too old for her but the only visual hands on grammar program I Know of is Winston Grammar. Growing with Grammar is another choice to consider.