Menu

American Girl Study Guide

Tanya in KS

They are out of print, and if you can find one they are VERY expensive! They are called "Teacher's Guides" and were available for (I think) 6 of the girls. I have a few of them, they're actually very good. Two I lucked into at a homeschool swap and one I paid big $$ for. Every now and again they pop up on homeschoolclassifieds.com.

There is a unit study for sale on Currclick.com if you wanted to go that route.

Here's an amazon link.

It sounds from the amazon description that much of the material, aside from the book summaries and a few worksheets, is available in the craft and cookbooks that go with each girl's stories. These, too, are out of print, but your library might have some, and I've found them used for just a few dollars. There are the non-fiction historical background books for each girl, too, which I really like.

If your dc have already read the books, I don't think the study guides add much. I had bought some at a used homeschool curriculum fair and we never used them because most of it was prereading kinds of activities. I just sold them again. I would get whatever additional books your library has - the cookbooks are good and the craft books are interesting.

If you like lapbooks, homeschoolshare has lapbook components to go along with the American Girl books. Also on currclick you will find a few to go along with specific books. My daughter completed one on Felicity with her Christmas story.

I used the Portraits of American Girlhood guide a few years ago and we liked it.