Menu

Explode the Code (the 1/2 books)

mlktwins

Hi all! I'm planning to use Explode the Code for my twins for K this fall. How many of you found you needed to buy the 1/2 books for extra practice? Should I just buy the regular books and only get the 1/2 books if we are struggling with a particul regular book? This is going to add up quickly buying 2 of everything :-)!

Thanks much!

Mendy

Hi all! I'm planning to use Explode the Code for my twins for K this fall. How many of you found you needed to buy the 1/2 books for extra practice? Should I just buy the regular books and only get the 1/2 books if we are struggling with a particul regular book? This is going to add up quickly buying 2 of everything :-)!

Thanks much!

Mendy

I never needed the 1/2 books at all. I'd definitely not buy them until/unless you find you need them.

Ds7 has just a few pages left of book 4. This is the first time I feel like we need a 1/2 book. I'm going to do a little phonics review from Phonics Pathways with him and then see if he still needs more on syllables (the focus of book 4). If so, we'll do 4 1/2 before moving on to 5.

I would not buy any 1/2's unless or until you need them. I get the feeling most people don't need them.

HTH

We didn't buy the 1/2 books until ds needed them. He did 1 & 2 fine, but need a 1/2 book for 3. I do, however, like how they take the topic just a bit further, providing extra practice that is also a little deeper than the whole numbered books. I would still recommend buying them as needed though.

We didn't buy the 1/2 books until ds needed them. He did 1 & 2 fine, but need a 1/2 book for 3. I do, however, like how they take the topic just a bit further, providing extra practice that is also a little deeper than the whole numbered books. I would still recommend buying them as needed though.

Exactly that!