Menu

Conceptual Chemistry: edition differences?

I recently purchased a first edition Conceptual Chem. It was the alternate edition with 12 chapters in the book, the remaining chapters on CD. It was quite cheap ($6.00) compared to even the third edition. Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the first and third? The chapter titles are the same, but what about content?

We plan to use it in the future with the conceptual chemistry website. Also has anyone used the teacher material from the website? Has anyone had an issue as a homeschooling parent gaining access to the teacher material? Thanks.

I recently purchased a first edition Conceptual Chem. It was the alternate edition with 12 chapters in the book, the remaining chapters on CD. It was quite cheap ($6.00) compared to even the third edition. Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the first and third? The chapter titles are the same, but what about content?

We plan to use it in the future with the conceptual chemistry website. Also has anyone used the teacher material from the website? Has anyone had an issue as a homeschooling parent gaining access to the teacher material? Thanks.

I don't know what the differences are, but I recommend getting the Chemistry Alive! lectures for the first 12 chapters. Ignore this comment if that's what you have linked above. You only need 12 chapters to make a complete course according to the Instructor's Guide for the 3rd edition.

I don't know what the differences are, but I recommend getting the Chemistry Alive! lectures for the first 12 chapters. Ignore this comment if that's what you have linked above. You only need 12 chapters to make a complete course according to the Instructor's Guide for the 3rd edition.

Thank you. Yes, the lectures are now online so that will be most helpful. It is nice to know that the 12 chapters will equate a complete course.