Menu

Do we need WWE with FLL?

SueS

I use both with my boys. FLL teaches grammar and in later workbooks parts of speech and diagramming. WWE teaches narration and dictation as well as including copywork. Both are pretty short and easy to do, I feel like I'm hitting all my bases by doing both. WWE we do four days a week, FLL we do 2-3 days a week.

If you are doing both FLL and WWE, then you do not do have to do the dictation in FLL. This is per the info. from Susan Wise Bauer. You can find it in the catalog of Peace Hill Press' Products for a Well Trained Mind on page 21. It states:

"First Language Lessons: When using Writing With Ease, you

may treat the dictation lessons in FLL as optional."

I have been very happy doing FLL 1, 2, & 3 with added copywork/dictation/narration in other subjects in 1st-3rd grades and beginning writing (with Classical Writing here) in 4th. I have 3 very competent writers so far using that system. I am sure WWE is a fine program, but I would say it is definitely not necessary.

I have been very happy doing FLL 1, 2, & 3 with added copywork/dictation/narration in other subjects in 1st-3rd grades and beginning writing (with Classical Writing here) in 4th. I have 3 very competent writers so far using that system. I am sure WWE is a fine program, but I would say it is definitely not necessary.

:iagree: I bought both and wish I hadn't. I felt WWE was unnecessary.