Menu

For next yr-TOG + grammar + math-is that enough for dd10 and ds7?

HappyGrace

I plan on adding science on in conjunction with TOG (Ancients, so simple machines with how a shaduf works, Archimedes, etc.)

Younger ds is doing Phonics Road, so that's all his LA, including copywork.

TOG has history, Bible, geog, lit, art, writing; I'll put in narration.

Music they get at co-op. No language next yr.

I love how TOG will streamline for us! Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something. Thanks!

Yes, R+S 5. :)

Forgot to add that we like rigorous work-both kids are advanced and like a challenge. It seems weird that TOG + grammar + math would be "enough"!

I'm also hoping this won't have us too "humanities-centered" rather than focusing on basics (writing, math, etc.), but I'm hoping to pare back TOG quite a bit.

I think it looks good to me too. :) In TOG it also lists different composers and artists during the time period, so you could just throw on some Mozart or Chopin and let it play or just put up pictures of Rembrandt or Renoir. I think its good to keep it simple anyway but especially if you are just starting TOG.

By the way, I love your idea for science. I've often thought of doing the same thing but I just can't pull it all together like that (or maybe I just don't want to try ;) ).

Have fun,

My only thought was perhaps some logic and spelling for the 10 yr old. We are using Mindbenders and ds loves it. We are also using Megawords for spelling - another big hit here. He is a great natural speller, but Megawords has helped him to strengthen a few weak spots while challenging him a bit.

Thanks for the encouragement! Dd is a very visual and natural speller, so we'll cover spelling with dictation passages taken from the TOG lit.

Hmmm...logic would be good, but I might have to skip it til the next yr because I just remembered I have to have her learn to type too!