Menu

Kinetic Physics Solutions Manual - FYI

There have been a couple of posts recently about the solutions manual for Kinetic Physics. I had planned on using this in the fall for my dd and I was planning on ordering from Kolbe Academy. Based on the posts I have seen recently I decided I had better check and see if I could.

Kolbe Academy allows you to register for a single course ($45) EXCEPT for Kinetic Physics. The publisher only allows them to sell the solutions manual to people that are enrolled with them as a registered family (High School student registration fee $290). I also spoke with Kinetic Books and they refuse to sell the Physics Solutions Manual to homeschoolers, although they will sell their Algebra Solutions Manual.

So if you need a solutions manual (which I do) for physics the Kinetic courses probably aren't your best fit. Back to the drawing board!!

Yvonne in NE

Edited by yinne
clarification

This must be a new policy at Kolbe because we registered for Physics only last year and we bought the solutions manual through them. The solutions are printed on blood red paper which makes it very difficult to read. I wonder if they used that color paper to prevent photocopying. I had to agree not to resell it.

You don't know by chance who you spoke with do you?

It sounds like her name is Diana.

English is my second language, and while I"m pretty good at it, I do feel it when listening to messages on answering machines. Mine doesn't have the greatest quality, *and* the lady in question has an accent that I'm not used to. But it does sound like Diana...

or at least not the complete case. I have spoken with Nancy Morton at Kinetics at length and she said just the opposite regarding purchasing this from Kinetics themselves. You might want to call her directly or email her at nancym@kbook.com. You need to identify yourself as a homeschooler. She has said that we can be set up with both a student and teacher account to access the solutions/instructor's guides for the physics courses through the individual access. They may have restrictions on the printed material but you can access it online.

Edited by melmichigan

That is really strange. I have spoken to both Kinetic Books and Kolbe Academy and received just the opposite information that you were given and that Cleo was given. I specifically told Kinetic Books that I homeschool and they answered both in an email and over that phone that solutions were not available to homeschoolers. I spoke with Kolbe over the phone and was told that I couldn't register for just the Physics course and receive the 'restricted' material.

I'll try again.

Yvonne in NE

• 4 months later...