Menu

Is there a statistics list of education in states?

My mom was wondering where Georgia ranked in overall education, but we aren't really sure what we're asking. Maybe the number of people who graduate? Or the number of students who leave high school with higher test scores? Or would it be the number of high school graduates that go onto higher education? (Though we also realize that college isn't always a goal of bright high school students.) Or how much money is allocated to schools, is it state or federal choice?

What should we be asking? Yes, we (my family) feel homeschooling is the best option and we've certainly seen lots of threads on this board about public school vs. homeschool. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how our country sees education overall and there is some list that ranks states according to something, we just don't know what. :)

She's asking because one of the counties in GA is cutting the budget and 800 jobs in education will be eliminated, over 400 of them teachers. The entire Band & Orchestra program will be cut, saving the county $4 million per year.