Menu

dd is 13 1/4 (puberty question)

This is my youngest and she has had osteoporosis which hopefully is stopping. I saw on the other thread that from starting breast development until menarche would be around 6 months. Well dd had the first when she was about 11 3/4 and she doesn't have the second. She also isn't as tall as she is expected to grow. We have had growth hormone checks and that is normal (she has grown about two inches in the last year, finally). I really don't mind if she is later than her older sister since her sister was taller at this age. I wonder if the whole osteoporotic thing is delaying things but obviously not some things. ANy thoughts?

This is my youngest and she has had osteoporosis which hopefully is stopping. I saw on the other thread that from starting breast development until menarche would be around 6 months. Well dd had the first when she was about 11 3/4 and she doesn't have the second. She also isn't as tall as she is expected to grow. We have had growth hormone checks and that is normal (she has grown about two inches in the last year, finally). I really don't mind if she is later than her older sister since her sister was taller at this age. I wonder if the whole osteoporotic thing is delaying things but obviously not some things. ANy thoughts?

All I can tell you is that for all three of my girls, that timeline was absolutely not correct. My taller, later growers started later with breast development all starting at about the same age.