Menu

Have you seen the new Curious George movie?

I can tell you that a wild monkey from the jungle lives in an apartment and is treated like a precocious troublemaking preschooler, pretty much living up to that expectation, has jobs, flies to the moon, on a kite... all kinds of unrealism going on.

Oh, and the monkey talks if you have closed captioning on.

Is there a really new second one out, or are we talking about the one from 2005/2006?

If the Man with the Yellow Hat ever had a REAL child, I'd call CPS on his butt so fast his head would spin. Seriously, who leaves a monkey with the mentality of a 3 year old alone to walk the streets of New York City and/or manage an apartment complex? He'll fit nicely into the padded cell I've set aside for Max & Ruby's non-existent parents... ;)

Note - I have no real problem with the show (it IS just a cartoon and my kids love it), I just find myself rolling my eyes every time I hear the phrase "be a good little monkey" as he leaves. Riiiiiiight. Good luck with that.

Note - I have no real problem with the show (it IS just a cartoon and my kids love it), I just find myself rolling my eyes every time I hear the phrase "be a good little monkey" as he leaves. Riiiiiiight. Good luck with that.

I really love the episode when they are at the farm and the farmer's grand daughter who can't be more then 4 is playing with George and the man with the yellow hat heads off to the store and says "Be a good little monkey and girl". It makes me roll my eyes every single time.

That being said to answer the original question. No the elephant in Curious George 2 doesn't talk.