Menu

Question for Britax carseat owners

I found them on sale.

Going back and forth between the Boulevard and Marathon which go to 65 pounds.

The Diplomat looks good too but it only goes to 40 pounds.

How old are most kids at 40 pounds? at 65?

I know how kids want to have a big kid booster seat so I am thinking the 40 pounds is good and then we go to booster. But then I think that I really like the safety and will keep the kid in the Boulevard longer. It's been so long since dd was in a carseat I can't remember weight and age.

Here is the site that compares them and they are made in the USA!!!!

http://www.britaxusa.com/products/default.aspx

Here is the site they are on sale:

http://www.tinyride.com/Britax-C54.aspx?

src=GGL&typ=Search&cpn=btx_gen&s_kwcid=britax|993922645

Help me! Thanks in advance. I'm on my way out the door for lunch and then work.

-karen

The Boulevard or Marathon is really the better option. The longer you can keep your child in a 5pt harness the better. Every step 'up' in car seats is actually a step DOWN in safety. ;)

Most kids will make it in a Boulevard or Marathon to about age 5. Average, mind you. All kids are built and grow differently/at different rates. But 5 yr is a safe 'average'. The Marathon is actually outgrown by height before weight in most cases. It'd be better off (more accurate) with a 55# weight limit.

I highly suggest the Boulevard/Marathon over the Roundabout/Diplomat because of the higher harnessing weight.

A child of 3 or 4 yrs old and 40# is NOT ready for a belt positioning booster.

and a cheaper one (still high in ratings) for the smaller car. I wish now I had just bought two Britax. The other one has been fine but I really do like the Britax. I can't help you on weight as my kids tend to be little when young. My 3 1/2 yo weighs less than 30 pounds so we will be in the marathon a long time.

If baby will be in this carseat from birth, I would pick the Boulevard... the extra padding would make me happier putting a newborn in it.

My 2yo dd rode in the Companion from birth - 1year, then I moved her into the Marathon. It's a great carseat, and I must admit, I'm really jealous of that cover! It's so soft, I wish I could ride in it. :001_smile:

Also, my 9yo son just recently broke the 65lb mark, so I think dd will be in this carseat a looong time.

HTH