Menu

Has anyone purchased a Vision Forum doll?

I have a $25 coupon to use, and was wondering if it would be worth it to buy on of their dolls for my soon-to-be 7yo dd. They are a bit cheaper than the American Girl dolls, I've noticed.

Can anyone comment on quality, etc? Or, can I buy another 18" doll cheaper and be just as happy?

Thanks,

American Girl, Vision Forum, and Life of Faith dolls (indulgent grandpa).

Their favorites by far are the LoF dolls.

I would say quality is equal, but they like the accessories and clothes better for the LoF dolls.

Family Christian stores sell them, and grandpa would buy them with a 33% off coupon.

My dd has a Vision Forum doll. She loves it. At the time, she was really, REALLY into Samantha from AG, so she loved that this VF doll looks similar to Samantha. I think it has worked out great for us because dd also loves history so she loves the clothing and books from VF to go with the dolls.

I'm not a huge VF fan at all (should say Doug Phillips), but the dolls are of equal, if not better quality, to AG. I think the VF dolls are made in Germany too, which is a huge plus for me.

The dolls that Forum sells I believe are the original type of American Girl dolls. Made by Gotz I think. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. We have a Gotz doll, and it is very high quality. Although we got ours new off ebay... you might want to check there first. Even with your coupon you might do better on ebay. Just type in "Gotz doll" in the search bar.

I recently ordered some doll *clothes* from VF and was disappointed with the quality. But I was disappointed with my order from them overall this time and the way a couple of things I ordered were misrepresented. We won't be ordering again.

I haven't noticed a problem with the clothes - but then again, I haven't any other doll clothes to compare them to.

It's a bummer you had a poor experience ordering from them. Every time we've placed an order (between my mom and I for dd, as the doll and clothes/books are all we've ever ordered from there), the shipping has been extremely fast, accurate and well-packaged. But we also usually do it around Christmas time and I think most places are on their "best behavior" at that time, kwim? :)

But like I said too, even though I'm sorry you had a bad ordering experience, VF is NOT my favorite place and Doug gives me the heeby-geebies. free-scared-smileys-468.gif

Both of my girls have VF dolls, and they love them. My older dd got hers for Christmas 2005 and she is still in great shape. They are very well made dolls. My girls have nearly all the clothes, and I have no complaints about them at all. Again, the older doll was purchased in '05 and the newer one in '06, and the clothes were purchased in '06 as well. I have never had a problem with anything that I've ordered from them, their customer service has been just fine, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the VF world either, just a tad Stepford-like for me, still I respect some of the work that they're doing and I've purchased quite a few toys from them and have been happy withe the quality.