Menu

Well planned day

I don't know about you, but a good planner / calendar makes me kinda giddy ;-)

The Well Planned Day planner is one of the best I've seen, and I've seen them all. This one's worth buying even when there's so many free ones out there. I bought this year's edition half-way through the year for $6.00 and now I wish I had bought it for the beginning of the school year and used it for all my planning.

So now they have it 50% off the regular price if you buy it early through Homeschool Buyer's Co-op ( http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/?source=51921 ) then look under Resources.

They also have the Well Grounded Middle Schooler planner and the Well Guided High Schooler (See samples here but you have to buy it from the link above. http://www.wellplannedday.com/plannerswpd1011.html ).

Enjoy - I know I will!

I use the 2009-2010 teacher planner, and I like it fine. So, I thought I'd take advantage of the discount through Homeschool Buyers Co-op.

WELL...

I wanted to get both the teacher planner and the middle school planner, print versions. They are charging $13.90 TO SHIP THESE TWO PLANNERS! :001_huh: Plus a $1.00 service fee. Therefore, it's actually more expensive for me to buy through HSBC than it is to order directly from the Home Educating Family website, because the shipping from HEF is only $8.95.

My point is, check the shipping before you order with the "discount" through the co-op. It's not really a discount, IMHO.

Holly

I use the 2009-2010 teacher planner, and I like it fine. So, I thought I'd take advantage of the discount through Homeschool Buyers Co-op.

WELL...

I wanted to get both the teacher planner and the middle school planner, print versions. They are charging $13.90 TO SHIP THESE TWO PLANNERS! :001_huh: Plus a $1.00 service fee. Therefore, it's actually more expensive for me to buy through HSBC than it is to order directly from the Home Educating Family website, because the shipping from HEF is only $8.95.

My point is, check the shipping before you order with the "discount" through the co-op. It's not really a discount, IMHO.

Holly

I was wondering about the shipping. Thanks for the heads up.

WELL...

Holly

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on looking at this later today.

So if you are only purchasing the printed planner, does it come out cheaper through the group buy or through the company themselves?? (with shipping, fees, etc.)

I'm wondering this too. I was planning to get the printed planner and got so excited when I saw the discount. But now I'm wondering which would be better.

So if you are only purchasing the printed planner, does it come out cheaper through the group buy or through the company themselves?? (with shipping, fees, etc.)

If you're just buying the teacher planner, it's cheaper through the group buy, but not by much. The group buy has it for $17.22 (factoring in the $1.00 fee), and the HEF website has it for $19.95. Shipping is the same (for me, anyway).

It was when I added the middle school planner that the (small) gap closed. HSBC doubled the shipping, whereas HEF added $2. At that point, it was cheaper directly from HEF, though by less than $1.

HTH,

Holly

I posted this message on my local homeschool group and I'm now ordering (so far) 5 planners - and its only been 2 days... So shipping for each person/planner is now only 2.99, because shipping max is $14.95. (BTW, I'm in Collin County, Texas and will be ordering next week if you want to join me! ;-). I'm glad someone wrote that they won't ship until April, so I'm going to hold out for more people to join the order!

I can see how shipping would be frustrating. On their website (the planner) it's 8.95 for 1, and jumps to $14.95 for two or more. (that was with entering my zip code) So I guess it just depends on how many you're buying.

I'm not sure why Holly Bee is being charged $13.90 for two. Here's the language from the offer page:

"USPS Priority Mail at a cost of $6.95 for 1 planner, $10.95 for 2-3 planners, $14.95 for 4 & above."

I think the printed one is worth it for the time and energy of printing and binding.

This is a beautiful planner! I looked at it extensively before deciding that it wouldn't work well for me because I have to track hours, not days, in my state.

I think that there is a special offer for the planner and/or magazine on their website right now, though. I received a promotional e-mail this week, so you might check.