Menu

Problem with Chalkdust Prealgebra DVDs?

Handmaiden

For those who purchased the "alternative" Chalkdust DVDs (Houghton Mifflin) through another source, have any of you had problems with defective discs?

I bought a NEW set from a textbook site and we have had ongoing problems with the discs. Today ds tried to play disc 4 and it won't run at all!

I called HM and they said that unless we bought it directly from them they couldn't help me. I checked the textbook site and they don't have a customer svc phone number available, so I emailed them but they have a 48 hour response time. In the meantime, I read on their site that they have a 30 day window for returns.

YIKES!

I can't afford to purchase a new set right now...what do we do? Anyone else have this problem?

I bought a NEW set from a textbook site and we have had ongoing problems with the discs. Today ds tried to play disc 4 and it won't run at all!

Can your computer run DVDs? Most can these days - not that it'll necessarily work, but it's worth trying. Sometimes things will run on one player and not another.

Ours were fine but we did not go beyond disc 3.

Did yours come in a blue cardboard case?

Yes.

Can your computer run DVDs? Most can these days - not that it'll necessarily work, but it's worth trying. Sometimes things will run on one player and not another.

Yes, my ds normally plays it on his laptop.

I just got an email from the textbook company saying that it is beyond the 30 day return period. :sad:

Our only options seem to be either just read the book for those chapters and skip the video lessons or purchase a single replacement disc from CD. I think it's $25 plus shipping.