Menu

My hometown has gotten over 250" of snow this winter!

My hometown's previous snow record of 230" in 2002 has been obliterated. They've gotten over 250" (over 20 feet!) and it's still snowing. Earlier this winter, I was really wishing I was home because all the snow was making me homesick, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

One of my cousins posted a picture of the path to her front door, and it's like a tunnel through the snow. A neighbor of my mom's posted a picture of her living room windows, and you can only see out of the top couple inches of the windows. Someone with a deck that's 7.5 feet high said the snow is all the way to the top. I will try to attach a picture of my brother shoveling the snow off his roof - and this was BEFORE the current snowstorm (a Category 2 snow hurricane) that has brought another 2-3 feet since Thursday. Notice the depth of the snow in relation to the shovel he's not using.

This county has gotten far more snow than any other county in the state, but when the county recently asked the state for help with snow removal, they refused to send the kind of equipment that's needed. Other counties in the state will be getting federal funds, but my home county isn't - although maybe they will after this latest blast. I just hope it warms up very gradually in the spring, because if all this snow melts too quickly, the flooding will be as bad as the snow.

post-504-13535083396992_thumb.jpg