Menu

Multiplication tables learning tool?

RamonaQ

If it hasn't already been mentioned, I would highly recommend the book "Memorize in Minutes".

It consists of stories with pictures for every multiplication fact. It is the only thing that worked for my dyslexic dd. It is similar to "Times Tales", which only addresses the upper facts, but I like it much better since it teaches all the facts.

I personally had a difficult time learning my facts as a child, and persisted to have several I could not remember into adulthood. These stories have allowed me to memorize my remaining facts as well.

It gives the student a reference point to access when trying to recall the fact, rather than relying on rote memorization.

http://www.multiplication.com/order.htm

Have you tried singing to familiar kids tunes, ie, skip counting by 2's are sung to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I know you said your son is very visual, but even this worked for my visual dd. And its free! If interested I'll post the other tunes.

HTH

Tea