Menu

What is your favorite timeline program?

gevs4him

I'm not sure what you mean by timeline "program"? I just got the most wonderful timeline, but it's just a timeline that can be used with any program - it doesn't have a curriculum associated with it. In fact, that's one of the many things that drew me to it. I'll paste a review I did in another post:

I just bought the Add-a-Century timeline, and it's everything I've been looking for. It is completely flexible. It has a lightly printed grid, and you add stickers (included) for years, so you decide how far apart they are, and you can put them closer together for ancient, or keep them even.

It has no bias whatsoever, as it's blank. It does come with stickers to put on for categories (arts, wars, etc.). If you have a busy century, it comes with flip-ups that triple your space in that category without having to space out the timeline.

Each page is individual, and it comes with stickers to connect them accordion-style. That way you don't have to do everything in a row, and if you want to add some years in later, you just add a new page. If your young kid scribbles on it, or you just don't like the way the page came out, you can take it out and add a new one in its place.

You can unfold it and hang all or part of it on your wall, or it also comes with stickers to add to some of the accordion folds to put it folded up in a binder.

I was at the point of making one myself, as there was something "wrong" with every one I looked at, but this has everything I was looking for, and even some thing I hadn't thought of (like the flip-ups, or its way of putting it in a binder without punching the pages).

Copying this from what I wrote a few days ago...

I like to try everything, so we have quite a few timelines on hand. My favorites are: