Menu

I need some info about BJU Bible Modules & Veritas Press Bible Cards

I am looking for a Bible program for next year. I am interested in the Bible Module series by BJU. Have you used it? What do you think of it? Could it be simplified to be used with lower ages as well?

Also, I don't understand HOW the Veritas Press Bible Cards are used. I am using TOG next year, and I am wondering if I could use the Bible Cards along with that. If so, could you tell me how they could be used? Thanks so much!

Michelle

I haven't used the modules, but I have used the elementary Bible materials. Are the modules for junior high? I'd probably let your oldest do that independently, maybe having him check in with dh once a week or something. For the rest, you could pick a level of the elementary curriculum (4th, 5th, 6th, doesn't matter) and do them all together. In the 6th grade year they memorize the catechism, something that all your dc would enjoy. (Is your 10 yo going to be 6th next year?) You might end up reading the story from Egermeir's or something in order to make it work for the littles as well. There are hymns for each year, and the dc will enjoy memorizing and singing them together.

I like the VP cards for memorizing the order and chapter locations, but it's not my particular fav way to actually study the stories. You have one card (one story, one topic) each week and you're supposed to review the memory work, read Victor Journey through the Bible, etc. about it. If you want a daily format, it's a little terse. Victor is a really great book though and something you could use with any study you do.