Menu

CLE Math question

Melabella

Wow. It does depend. I see some kids get done with math in 10 minutes and some can take as long as 45 minutes. It just depends on how motivated your child is. If you have a child that balks and complains and hates math , well plan on it taking a while. If you have a child that loves math then it shouldn't take more then 15-20 minutes. Tops.

Also be sure to put your child in the proper level. Please do not place them in the grade level that they are currently in. CLE has diagnostic tests on their website and they should be taken before purchasing the curriculum. They will properly place them in the right level.

My dd fits into both categories. She is capable, but not a math lover so she can drag it out when she wants. I require a set amount of time to be spent on math work each school day. I am just trying to get an idea of how quickly we might work through the lessons for planning purposes.

She has never taken a full year to complete a math curriculum. If a lesson can be completed in 20 minutes, then she will easily do two or three per day. That means she will be starting Algebra in 7th grade and I need to decide if I want to do that or stall with other materials.

Can you take the placement test online? The only place I see the placement test seems to be a place to order it.

My dd fits into both categories. She is capable, but not a math lover so she can drag it out when she wants. I require a set amount of time to be spent on math work each school day. I am just trying to get an idea of how quickly we might work through the lessons for planning purposes.

She has never taken a full year to complete a math curriculum. If a lesson can be completed in 20 minutes, then she will easily do two or three per day. That means she will be starting Algebra in 7th grade and I need to decide if I want to do that or stall with other materials.

Can you take the placement test online? The only place I see the placement test seems to be a place to order it.

We are not in 600 or 700 -- we are towards the end of 500 and we take at least an hour. Sometimes he finishes a little sooner, but we count on an hour to a little longer like Michelle with him working his hardest.

Try the placement test here:

http://www.clp.org/product/math_500_800_diagnostic_test_1659

Answers here:

http://www.clp.org/documents/3145/original/Math_Diagnostic_Tests_500-800_Teacher_s_Manual.pdf

We thought of starting Algebra 1 this year, but dd didn't feel like she wanted to yet, so we are doing CLE 8, which is a very good review for her! I think when she's done with this this year, she will feel much more confident! She's been lolly-gagging around with this math this year, and isn't as far as we'd like. But she does fine with it. It takes her 30 minutes to an hour to finish a lesson, depending on what's involved...