Menu

Save my marriage... LOL

No, no, no. It's "a possum". As in, "Hey, kids, look! There's 'a possum' dead in the middle of the road!"

The "uh" sound of the "a" makes the "o" unnecessary! See, doesn't that just work out perfectly?! :D

LOL What she said. :) Dang, I don't know 'bout ya'll but we got some big possums round here. They're so big they get into fights with the racoons. I don't know who wins, but there's a lot of noise outside when they go at it. :eek:

I say possum because I don't want to waste another syllable on such a stupid, loathsome animal.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

"To show the possum that there IS a way!"

OH aint that the truth!! I could not believe when we arrived in Australia and those overgrown rats are a protected species :blink:

In New Zealand you shoot them. Preferably with a shotgun with a laser sight on it. Revolting creatures... constantly pooing on my driveway and paths.

Anyway. Here they are possums. And it's pe-can as in can of beans.

I am redneck (aka Jeff Foxworthy) southern because we pronounce it pe-can. We also say ant as in my ant May. Although, we could probably figure out what you were trying to say if you said pe-con or aunt. It would sound snooty though. :tongue_smilie:

I say p'con and ant. :D I could never say aunt.

Hmmmm... and I've always pronounced "primer" wrong (when referring to the reading books), but it sure does feel right.

Edited by rockermom

No, no, no. It's "a possum". As in, "Hey, kids, look! There's 'a possum' dead in the middle of the road!"

The "uh" sound of the "a" makes the "o" unnecessary! See, doesn't that just work out perfectly?! :D

Well, I'm just not gonna buy that argument. ;) It obviously should be "an opossom." So there! :tongue_smilie::D

But I definitely agree that it's p'con! None of this pe-can stuff...I mean really, it sounds like pee-can when they say it. Pee can? I'd much rather eat p'CONs, thank you very much! :tongue_smilie: