Menu

Has anyone here ever dislocated an ankle?

I'm looking for anything you can tell me.

I broke my right ankle three years ago, wore a cast, no surgery, very clean break, and it's been fine.

Last July, I was running with the dog and we were clipped by a car. When I dragged myself out of the gravel and weeds on the side of the road and stood up, my right ankle felt like it had exploded - no exageration.

I was able to hobble home, the swelling was great, but RICE and in about three days, it was fine. No problem since then......until...............

about three weeks ago, I begin to experience numbness on the top of my foot just below my toes - kind of a tingling sensation. And, there is one place on or near my ankle which if touched, well, I see the GLORY! The most intense, exquisite pain I have ever experienced.

My symptoms seem consistent with an ankle dislocation, and yes, I probably should have gone to the ortho pod after the incident, but, sometimes I just get SO tired of it.

So, anyone? Just looking for some confirmation or comparisons here as I prepare to get an appointment with the ortho pod.crutches-emoticon.gif

No, I have had sprains, tears, and fractures. My dds who are very loose subluxate lots of joints but the ankles aren't one of them.

OUCH!

I will see the osteopath on Tuesday afternoon -- we are fairly certain (based on how I have described the numbness and the pain when a certain place is touched) that I have indeed dislocated my ankle.