Menu

Help me evaluate my LA?

Paintedlady

Here's what we've been doing with my kids for LA.

Writing--IEW SWI

Grammar--Easy Grammar

Reading--no formal curric. Just.

reading good children's lit.

Spelling--AAS

Poetry--IEW's Linguistic Development

Through Poetry Memorization

We've been pretty happy with everything this year and I figured we'd just go on to either Daily Grams over the summer and then the next level of EG after that in the fall or skip the DG and just do the next level of EG. The problem is that when I looked over the S & S for the next level of EG, it's almost exactly like what we just finished, with just a couple of new things. Even looking 2 levels ahead doesn't seem much more advanced than what we're doing.

So now I'm wondering if I should switch the grammar to something else or would the repetition of the next level be a good thing? I really value mastery programs, which is one of the reaons I chose EG. We'd done CLE & Rod & Staff before but changed over to piecing together my own LA program. The grammar portion seems to be the only part still troubling me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by Paintedlady

The problem is that when I looked over the S & S for the next level of EG, it's almost exactly like what we just finished, with just a couple of new things. Even looking 2 levels ahead doesn't seem much more advanced than what we're doing.

I'm not an expert here, but I have noticed people saying this about a lot of different grammar programs. This makes me suspect that the repetition is necessary for many kids.

Lisa