Menu

WWE 1 Question

WiseOwlKnits

When you read the excerpts to your child, can they watch? My DD always wants to sit with me to hear the story, but I've been telling her no since she can see the words if she sits with me. Now I'm wondering if it matters if she can see the story, as long as she isn't looking at the answers to the questions....

Thoughts?

I let my ds7 read it with me if he wants to (it varies each day). But, when he answers questions and narrates he's not allowed to look. I'm not sure if there's a "right" way. I figure what does it hurt to have him reading along great literature passages with me, he's seeing proper English properly written down, right? :001_smile: Getting him to be able to do that is the goal, right? I think in the later levels it moves to having the child read the story themselves before they narrate. We're only on week 9 of WWE2, so others will correct me if I'm wrong!

Just my opinion, for what that's worth!:tongue_smilie:

I let my ds7 read it with me if he wants to (it varies each day). But, when he answers questions and narrates he's not allowed to look. I'm not sure if there's a "right" way. I figure what does it hurt to have him reading along great literature passages with me, he's seeing proper English properly written down, right? :001_smile: Getting him to be able to do that is the goal, right? I think in the later levels it moves to having the child read the story themselves before they narrate. We're only on week 9 of WWE2, so others will correct me if I'm wrong!

Just my opinion, for what that's worth!:tongue_smilie:

We'll be starting WWE in a few weeks and this is what I plan to do. DD usually wants to look on when I'm reading a book.