Menu

a great movie about learning disabilities x-post

I watched a beautiful movie about learning disabilities/VSL's last night. It was so moving. It shows how parents and teachers can crush a child's spirit, and how even our unique children definitely have a place in this world. It was easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. I loved it. I cried several times. They use some of the techniques that are in VSL books like Unicorns Are Real - I thought that was so cool, after reading about it and using some of those techniques myself. The movie is called Like Stars on Earth. I got it through Netflix. It's a Hindi movie, so it is subtitled, and long, with songs, but it's not a typical Bollywood movie. It was just amazing. If you have a child with LD or a VSL, I'd highly recommend it, but even if you don't, I'd recommend it b/c it's such a great story.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for recommending this movie. I put it in my Netflix queue when you first posted this and just watched it last night. My husband and I wept through the entire movie because saw our middle son in little Ishaan. We are so happy that we're able to keep him home and protect and nurture him.

Highly recommended.

I watched a beautiful movie about learning disabilities/VSL's last night. It was so moving. It shows how parents and teachers can crush a child's spirit, and how even our unique children definitely have a place in this world. It was easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. I loved it. I cried several times. They use some of the techniques that are in VSL books like Unicorns Are Real - I thought that was so cool, after reading about it and using some of those techniques myself. The movie is called Like Stars on Earth. I got it through Netflix. It's a Hindi movie, so it is subtitled, and long, with songs, but it's not a typical Bollywood movie. It was just amazing. If you have a child with LD or a VSL, I'd highly recommend it, but even if you don't, I'd recommend it b/c it's such a great story.

Sounds great!! May I ask though, what is VSL?? I'm so clueless. :blushing: