Menu

Use Horizons or CLE to follow RightStart E?

Lostinabook

I am trying to figure out what to do for dd for the fall. She's working through RS-E right now & we're doing Singapore CWP as well. Next year we'll continue with CWP & add in LOF, but I need a main program for her. I originally thought about Singapore or BJU, but have decided that neither of those are what I want.

Can anyone compare Horizons & CLE from experience? Or is there anyone who has used either of these after completing RS? I'm not sure which would provide the smoothest transition from RS or the strongest foundation for moving into pre-algebra in 7th.

Thank you for any help!

We looked at MM and CLE, and ended up using CLE. It's not fancy, but it's cheap, easy to teach and very rigorous academically. The 100 level lined up with most of the second grade SOLs for math. It can get a little boring (again, not fancy!) but we skip sections (for Dot) that are too much review, and will do 2+ lessons a day. Dot blows through the material very quickly, and the price makes me VERY glad I can actually afford to get her the next grade level. If I'd spent more for the 100 level I'd have been having heart palpitations about having to buy the 200 level in February. ;)

We are also using the 500 & 600 levels. The 700 & 800 levels ARE pre-algebra (some people move directly from 700 to Alg 1, Yacko will not. He needs the extra year.)

Thank you! I've now shifted to waffling between CLE & MM. We're using MM for additional work in division so I don't know why I hadn't thought of using it for a full curriculum until Terabith mentioned it! The good thing about MM is that I could download individual topics if I decided dd needed additional practice in any area. The good thing about CLE is that I don't have to print the sheets & they go to a higher level. Decisions, decisions....