Menu

Does anyone know where to find a good book list

Tiffani

that is specific for

1)time period

2)age/grade level

For instance...We're using MOH and I'd like to have readers/read-alouds for the different time periods, but I also need suggestions for all my different age groups too.

Is there such a list out there?

TIA!

Tiffani

Why not TWTM? It has lists broken down by stage, and year, assuming you're beginning grammar y1 with a 1st or 2nd grader. For instance, my 5th grader read the list under logic stage Ancients this year.

Next year, she'll from the y2 list, and so on.

Paula's Archives provides a list of SL books in TWTM stages, and also has a list of other historical fiction & non-fiction broken down by easy-to-young adult: http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/index.htm .

Classical CHrstian Homeschool also provides a listing: http://www.classical-homeschooling.org/grammar/index.html

Do you have a Veritas Press Catalog? If not, you can see how they organize their historical fiction titles: http://veritaspress.com/ .

HTH

Next year we'll be using Mystery of History vol.2 (Middle Ages and Church History). I'll have a 13yo ds, 11yo ds, 7yo ds and 4 1/2 yo ds. The 2nd to oldest doesn't really like to read and struggles so I don't want anything hard.

I'd like a good list of read-alouds and readers for each age group. Sometimes I find SL's reading levels too high (i.e. it'll say for 5th grade but really more geared for a 7th grader)

Anyone, anyone????

Next year we'll be using Mystery of History vol.2 (Middle Ages and Church History). I'll have a 13yo ds, 11yo ds, 7yo ds and 4 1/2 yo ds. The 2nd to oldest doesn't really like to read and struggles so I don't want anything hard.

I'd like a good list of read-alouds and readers for each age group. Sometimes I find SL's reading levels too high (i.e. it'll say for 5th grade but really more geared for a 7th grader)

Anyone, anyone????

Book Finder

This is the advanced bookfinder for the accelerated reader database. You can search for LG, MG, or UG (lower grade, middle grade, or upper grade) interest level, put in a range for the reading level, under topics use can search for history, then there are a variety of sub-topics (such as Ancient Asia or Slavery), select English, and change it to sort by book level (so that the easiest books are first). When your results come up, there will be a menu on the left to allow you to further reduce the selections.

HTH-

Mandy

Actually, and I've discovered that a *lot* of people miss it, but there is an excellent book list broken down first by week and then by age group in the back of the MOH book itself. For Volume 1, it starts on page 442 and is titled "Books, Videos, and Wish List" (to look up in the table of contents in this and other volumes).

Other than that, we're using WTM suggestions, a few things from Sonlight (and would use Winter Promise if I had access to it), and the Christine Miller site listed above. :) We've been using MOH for about 6 weeks now and are in love with it!!