Menu

Would you send a school profile & counselor letter too?

Blue Hen

DS is applying for an academic scholarship available to Delaware residents. The form states that the school counselor should send a transcript. I have that but I was wondering if I should also submit our School Profile and my counselor letter. What do you think? My thought is that the selection commission is familiar with the public and private schools but have never heard of my homeschool. I also find it strange that LOR's are not listed.

Thanks,

Carole

Carole,

I also don't think it would hurt to send the additional info. However, if there is a way to call (or email) these folks and ask them what they are looking for from a homeschooler, I think that would be best.

My son applied for a scholarship to a local foundation, and they also only asked for a GC letter. However, we were able to email the contact person and ask what would be appropriate to send. They told us since he was homeschooled to send in a couple of letters of recommendation. He got one from his scout leader and the other from our church youth director. He did end up winning a small scholarship from these folks.

What with almost $500 for 2 textbooks this term (Physics & Material Science), every little bit helps.

Good Luck to him!

Brenda