Menu

What would you suggest for teaching 3 so close together?

1GirlTwinBoys

This is for next year when my twin boy's will be in 1st and daughter in 2nd.

I really want SCRIPTED and easy to teach with lot's of hand holding for me. :001_smile: Would love to do a 4 day week so we can have Friday for nature walks, open gym, picnics etc...

Here is what I was possibly thinking about doing so let me know what you think, and if it's too much or a way to keep things easier or less time consuming. Just to give you a little info, my boy's in K are reading on a 4th grade level fluency wise and DD is on track.

HOD Beyond for our bible, science, history, storytime and emerging readers set.

DD~2nd half of CLE LA and also 2nd half of WWE I. My boy's would not start these programs until 2nd half of 1st grade.

DD~CLE math 2

Twins~CLE math 1

DD & Twins~Copywork & memorization from HOD

I have AAS so should I add that in at this point?

Any input is really appreciated. Would love to keep things simple as we can.

What you have planned looks good, although I'm not familiar with HOD or AAS. If HOD includes Bible, history, science, readers, story time, copywork, and memorization, and you're using CLE & WWE for language arts and math, I really don't see a need for anything else. My suggestion would be to start the year without AAS. After a few weeks or months, you'll be able to evaluate and determine if you'd like to add AAS to your school day. :001_smile:

It looks like you have a plan! Every family is different. Do you like box curriculums? Do you like living books? Does price matter much? There are so many curriculums out there!

I am going to try TOG next year. I am getting familiar with Y2, and so far I think we are going to love it, but I will have a 2ond a 3rd and and 8th grader next year.

We have used Sonlight in the past, and we have done a free American History curriculum ( You can check it online: Guest Hallow), I have put my own together using STOW and a variety of workbooks, but I have a feeling that TOG is going to be right for us. Good luck.:001_smile: