Menu

SOTW vol 2 Revised Edition?

I somehow ended up with both. :tongue_smilie: I've never compared the recommended reading (I used the new version for those) so I can't comment on that, but I can say that the layout is more visually appealing in the new edition. The mapwork is more crisp and detailed and the coloring pages are definitely nicer. I do compare activities from time to time (my dc look through the old book for the coloring pages because they do prefer some of the ones in the old AG) and from what I've seen, the activities seem to be the same, but again, the graphics for the student pages have been nicely revised.

Apparantly I have the older version of SOTW 2 A.G. because I had one chapter where the advanced mapwork instructions didn't fit the map they had given. I think it was chp. 12 or 13. I don't have it in front of me. But the advanced mapwork was to color the Moor buildings and place them on the map of Spain in the appropriate cities. But the map for the chapter was a large one of the entire Mediterrean area on which Spain was very small with no cities marked. The buildings we were supposed to glue on were too big. I had to find a blackline map of Spain online and we used an atlas to find the city locations. So it was on ok lesson, but I wasn't prepared for it when it happened. I assume this kind of thing was taken care of in the revised addition. We are now on chp. 22, and this has been the only problem so far that we have encountered.