Menu

Christian Light v. ACE English Need help fast. Want to order today.

mom4him

I was ready to order some ACE pace's for my two. They did the diagnostic test so I know where to put them. My problem is I love the english in general but the Ace story line is so boring. I have the feeling my ds especially will spin out with it pretty fast.

I have looked a bit at the Christian Light English but can't seem to find any example of the matterial. How easy is it to cut the spelling part out. We are using MCP spelling and liking that so don't want to change there. Does the CL Eng. teach diagraming?

How do they compare in general as far as grade level?

Any quick help would be appreciated.

Guest aquiverfull

I've never used Ace, but I love CLE. To see samples, go to http://www.clp.org/store/by_subject/3

then click on the grade you want. Under the Light unit numbers you will see sample written with the little Adobe reader sign next to it. Click on that to see the samples. Hope that helps.

OH I forgot to finish answering:

Yes they teach diagramming and it is very easy to cut out the spelling. However, we do the spelling as well even though we use Megawords. I don't give her the spelling test but I have her do the exercises in the workbook, for extra practice as spelling is one of her weaknesses. You could easily have your child skip those spelling exercises if you want though.

Edited by aquiverfull