Menu

Does anyone here use CLE for Jr. High and High School?

mom2denj

What subjects do you like with CLE? Is it rigorous? I am looking into the 8th grade math, l/a, and science. I would probably be using the 9th grade science because my dd is using Apologia General this year. I would really love to hear from some experienced CLE users. Thanks!

There is a Christian LIght yahoo group. There are many there using it for high school. For what its worth though the High School levels are just modified Alpha Omega lifepac. They are not colorful like A/O but most of the material is the same.

Other than that many have had great experiences with it and its worked well for them. As for us we aren't that far into the journey to know. I've only used the 300/400 level of CLE so I can't comment any more :>)

I am only using 7th grade reading this year and think it is very thorough. I have my dd doing the Diagramming practice book and 7th grade extra practice worksheets to possibly put her in their LA next year. If I like what I see through their high school material, I will make the switch. I also just switched my 1st grader to CLE for 1st Grade LA and the second semester reading, as well as 2nd grade Math.

My understanding that unless it is a "Sunrise Edition" it is not CLE's stuff, but old Alpha Omega stuff. I've looked at a few pictures of high school subjects that are not Sunrise and they do not look appealing to me. I think the only thing Sunrise for high school is LA.