Menu

anybody been to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC?

I was there this fall (DH business trip). Yes, it was as wonderful as you've heard. We had a terrific time.

We never did get to the "public" pool. (I mean the one not connected with the spa. You have to pay extra for the spa, and we didn't have any extra. IYKWIM.)

But it's just such a beautiful place to walk through. Everything is so beautiful. I'd go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I hope I get to.

It is funny to see someone from TN want to come over here to WNC when I love going over to TN. I love the Smokies. I would love to live near them in the outskirts of Knoxville but we can't move just yet! :001_smile:

I love, love, love NC! It's a beautiful and fascinating state to me...so much interesting culture and history. I would love to live there.

I went there twice with dh on business trips. I spent the day in the spa both times. It was amazing and beautiful. Well worth a trip. The room was gorgeous and food was really good. I was pg the second visit and had a massage for mothers-to-be it was great. After the massage, they wrap a warm towel around your neck and you sit in front of a fireplace sipping sparkling juice dressed in your big fluffy robe. Sometimes if I close my eyes I can imagine I am there again in the peace and quiet luxury. Because reality here at home is not quite so pampering. IYKWIM