Menu

Homeschooling through grief

I read this this morning and was encouraged because we are going through tough times . .. definitely not the death of a family member but the death of a dream or plan of our life because of my dh's impending unemployment. It is shaking him quite badly and times are stressful in our home as we adjust to this new reality.

I know we have a good life and I know that our faith will give us the strength to see through this blip in our lives but in the moment, it's tough.

Thanks for that link. The blog put a finger on exactly how I have been feeling since my Dad died at the end of August. I ended up turning to our state's K12 virtual academy for school because I just couldn't process enough thought to figure out what to do and my children really needed to gain some normalcy although they did like the crap TV and video games. Some days are getting better than others but I still feel like I am treading water most days.

I know how you feel Jenni. We lost my mother-in-law December 28th, exactly three weeks after she was diagnosed with cancer. We are trying to get school going again this week, but I am scattered and distracted, and have lost all enthusiasm for homeschooling.

I read a great post today on Julie Bogart's blog, and wanted to share it for all those, who like myself, are struggling to homeschool while grieving. I hope this blesses someone today.

http://blog.bravewriter.com/2010/01/13/email-grief/

TY, Greta - it certainly was a good read. I am not suffering from the loss of a loved one, but I am terribly sad and lonely much of the time. We recently moved from VA - just 3 1/2 hours away from family - to Germany. It's beautiful here and we have met some really nice people, but I am terribly homesick at times. Reading her post helped me realize that my "funk" is probably a form of grief. Thanks again for linking to it.