Menu

Truthquest...

Marsha

I've used TruthQuest different ways in different years.

The last two years, we worked our way through the AHYS series. TruthQuest was our spine. I picked books to read aloud and books for the kids to read independently, had them narrate the material, and added in some maps and a timeline on the side.

This year, I have TruthQuest Ancient Egypt & Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, but it's not our spine. I used the TruthQuest guides to line up the Guerber books and the Famous Men books. I read the commentary to myself and sometimes pull ideas from it for discussion (with a 5th and 3rd, I don't think they are ready for some of the ThinkWrite questions yet.) I use it to add in topic specific books where they are available. It's really more of a resource / supplement this year.

HTH

How do you use Truthquest?

I used AHYS 1 for a while. I bought the Guerber text, Story of the Thirteen Colonies, and just read the commentary and then a chapter from the book. If there was a section in TQ that the book didn't cover I either just read the commentary, or skipped it entirely.

I moved on to TOG, because I wanted mapping and such already laid out for me.

Heather